Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Slow Work of Understanding

The sermon I heard today was challenging. Not because I found it convicting or condemning, but because I barely understood it. I haven't heard one of those in a while.

I am working through it and trying to digest it and praying and hoping that it all comes together for me during the week. The Bible passages that were given with the message have been enlightening; however, the message itself still eludes me. I wouldn't have thought a message about the Holy Spirit would do me in. Irony?

Zoning out was a difficult thing not to do. I had to fight against that for the majority for the sermon so I just had to record everything said, though it I felt like I was making a mess of it.

Will it come to me later what was being communicated? I don't know. Usually, when I'm unsure about something, it's just one small part, not a majority of it. Also, often I won't even know I didn't get something until the Lord brings to my attention something I miss when I re-read the Bible verses at home.

It wasn't that I disagreed with what was being said or anything; I was just confused. Yet I know the remedy for that is prayer. Understanding might not come quickly so I must be patient while I wait for God to work and reveal in me what I might need to deal with to see more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment