Sunday, April 13, 2014

Letters to My Family

I challenged myself to write a letter a day, for 40 consecutive days, to my husband, my son, and my daughter. That came to 120 letters. In a word-exhausting.

What I learned:

  • that this was more a learning experience for me, than a sharing experience with my family because I don't think they were impressed with the letters,
  • that trying to stay positive when I was having down days proved almost impossible,
  • that letter-writing is overrated,
  • that I don't have as much to say as I thought.
All in all, I'm glad that I've hit my goal, but I'm more glad that it's over. I know that my children will probably be relieved that they won't need to accept any more letters.

It was an interesting...experiment--one that I don't think I'll try again, at least not to this extent. Not along with writing multiple blog posts and a poem everyday. Too much is too much. I'd like to have enough time to say something, if not insightful, then at least practical. Some days I know I only blathered because time ran short.

I guess there's another lesson in there somewhere... I encourage everyone to lose their minds in this experience--and then find it again at the end.*



*I don't necessarily guarantee that your mind will be found again.

No comments:

Post a Comment